Fried Chicken Sandwich
Fried Chicken Sandwich are yummy dishes that can be relished either hot and fresh at home or wrap it up for your picnic days.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 jar sliced pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 11/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 4 soft hamburger buns (toasted)
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
1) Pour 3/4th cup pickle juice out into a cup.
2) Season the chicken pieces with required amount of salt and pepper. Place these pieces in a plastic zipper-lock bag. Next, pour the pickle juice and Seal bag. Make sure to press out as much air as possible.
3) Refrigerate the chicken by letting it to soak in pickle juice for at least 1 hour or you can even leave it till 12 hours.
4) When you are ready to fry, remove the chicken from the plastic bag and pat it with the paper towels. You can discard the pickle juice.
5) Take two wide-mouthed bowls, pour buttermilk in first bowl.
6) In second bowl, whisk in paprika, flour, mustard powder and pepper.
7) Add 3-4 tablespoons of buttermilk to bowl with flour, use your fingers to work it into the flour.
8) Transfer chicken pieces to bowl with buttermilk and turn it around to coat evenly.
9) Dip one chicken piece in buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off. Working with one pieces at a time, add the buttermilk dipped chicken pieces to the flour. Turn it around for an even coating. Make sure to press the pieces firmly in flour so that they coat a tick layer around the chicken pieces.
10) Transfer the flour coated chicken pieces to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
11) Heat oil in a wok, carefully lower the chicken pieces in hot oil.
12) Leave it to get cooked till golden brown by adjusting the flame to maintain a temperature between 300 and 350°F.
13) Once it is cooked, flip it carefully using tongs to cook the other side.
14) After it is fully cooked, transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel.
While Serving, place the bottom buns first next top it up with few pickles. Then, keep the fried chicken and then the top bun.
Serve these yummy fried chicken sandwiches and see them vanishing from the serving plates.